Back in January I posted my New Things to Try in 2012 bucket list, because I don’t do ‘resolutions’ preferring to set myself new challenges instead.
So, now we are almost half way through the year, how have I got on with my list of things to try? Have I done any/all of them, have I added to the list or done any other new/different things?
Well I’ll tell you… 😉
My original list was:
- Visit the National Space Centre in Leicester – I’ve wanted to go for years, but for some reason never gotten round to going!
- Visit Bletchley Park – The WWII National Codes and Cipher Centre, more geeky goodness
- Visit Gaydon Motor Museum – the name gives this one away…
- Visit Magna in Sheffield – Science Adventure Centre
- Visit Glastonbury – not for the Festival (I went to a festival weekend a couple of years ago) I want to go for the ley lines
- Go on Safari in the UK – I discovered http://www.totallywild.net that does overnight safari’s in Kent! Should be a fun cheap way to have the Safari experience!
- Go to Whitby Gothic Weekend
- Look into and maybe join in with Massobs – Mass Observation social research project.
- Get my Amateur Radio License
I can say that there is only actually one thing on that list that I have actually completed so far, joining Massobs. I have written one of my first three directive responses for the project and hope to get the rest of the spring directives written before I go on holiday, so that I can get on to the summer ones when I return.
As for the rest of the list there are a few things I wont be doing…
The amateur radio license – I started going to the classes with my ex but I was only going because he wanted to do it and I didn’t enjoy it, then we split up so I didn’t continue with it.
I’m not sure how many if any of the day trips I will manage as some of them wont be much fun to do on my own, and my kids won’t want to go, so it will depend if I can drag someone along who will actually be interested!
I think pretty much the same applies to the weekend trips too…
So, the list I started with is a bit of a washout, but I have managed to try some new things that weren’t on my list! Most of these you will have seen blogs about, but I’ll summarise here…
- I went to Arvon for a week’s writing course
- I am volunteering in my local BHF charity shop two days a week
- I’m doing a jewellery making course
- I have become captain of an all girls Pool team at my local pub
- I have booked my first solo holiday, I’m off to Croatia for a week later this month
Things I still want to do that I mentioned in the original post, but not on the list include:
- Join an art class
- Join a writing class
- Go roller skating
and I am writing lesson plans in the hope of being able to deliver a creative writing class to local young people myself after the summer (they will be too busy before then for it, and so will I!)
I still want to add more things to this list and hope to be able to report a very active second half of the year in my end of year review.
If you have any ideas of things for me to try (so long as they are not water/height based activities) please leave your suggestions in the comments below!
What new things have you tried this year?
- Bucket List #18 (filterbypass.wordpress.com)
- “To-Do” Lists (bradleysadventures.wordpress.com)
- Bucket List and Writing Inspiration (smpauthors.wordpress.com)