I had never really thought much about how many clothes I have (and continue to buy) until the other day when a couple of girls at the pub stopped me…
“How many clothes do you have?” said the one.
“Yeah, I never see you in the same outfit.” The other one commented.
So I told them I have three double wardrobes… and that doesn’t count the shelves and drawers.
“Wow, I feel poor, I don’t have many clothes” said the girl who, I must say, I had noticed seems to regularly wear the same outfit.
“I love how you always look different”
“And, do you have lots of shoes too?”
“Not so many of those” but as I said it I immediately thought of just how many I do have, not that I wear most of them…
Maybe it is time for a sort out – of the shoes at least.
When it comes to clothes every time I get rid of anything because it is old, I don’t wear it any more or any other reason that I may have to clear out I end up buying more, and probably double the amount that I got rid of…
The thing is that unlike most people who have too many clothes I do wear 99% of what I own. There are only a few items that don’t get worn much, such as evening dresses and ballgowns. Of course there are outfits for special/certain occasions, and seasonal things, and fancy dress items. All things with good reason that I don’t wear them, but when those occasions arise I will wear them again, so I can’t get rid of them!!
The other thing that stands out to people about my wardrobe is the variety, I don’t have a single style or fashion I follow and actually often seek out more unusual things. I wear what I like, when I like regardless of what other people think (I wrote about this before here with pictures of some of my various outfits).
I have a very colourful wardrobe, lets take a look…
First we have the end door of my first wardrobe, here there are four shelves each containing different tops, probably over 100 tops altogether.
Vest tops, T-shirts, light weight sweaters, evening tops, corsets… the list goes on and a rainbow of colours from neons to black, pastels to white and everything in between.
In the cupboard doors next to the shelves is my first wardrobe.
This contains more tops, longer sleeved ones, sweaters, hoodies and
winter jumpers, again the array of colour is evident.
Beneath them you can just spot a few shoes poking out, the shelf here is
covered with shoes and sandals, all shiny, fancy evening ones.
You can probably see that below the cupboard there are four drawers.
Moving across we have the seven drawer chest of drawers which is home to all my
underwear, tights and socks. Each of the seven drawers is packed to overflowing
and again (not that I’m showing you inside these drawers) the mixture of colours is
important to co-ordinate with my outerwear, lol.
Here is the main feature of my bedroom, my huge wardrobe…
With two double wardrobes, three drawers and three cupboards it is also full to
overflowing, you can see the end door isn’t shut properly, because it won’t close
In the three lower, middle drawers I have all my nightclothes, from pyjamas for
the winter, to little babydolls.
The three cupboards across the top are home to more shoes, boots, fancy dress
clothing and anything that didn’t seem to fit in right in another place…
In the right hand wardrobe we have my jeans, trousers, shorts and
office-wear (suits and blouses) on the bottom shelf are a collection
of boots. Even my jeans and shorts are not just blue denim, yellow,
pink, gold and silver are amongst the many shades you will find in
Even more shoes are barely visible beneath this collection.
The shoes I wear most often are on a shoe rack by my bedroom
What do you think?
Do I have too many clothes for an ‘ordinary’ girl?
or do you have more than this!?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!
- Wardrobe Work Out – Jeans (babychangedme.wordpress.com)
- Shopping with Grumps – Yawn! (comedyincrisis.wordpress.com)
- 7 Logical Tips to Keep Your Wardrobe Organized (aimsphotos.wordpress.com)
- Spring is Coming – Freshen up Your Look! (mensfashionblog.info)
- You’re wearing THAT? (seapunk2.wordpress.com)
- Capsule Wardrobe – Can you do it? (macooshoes.wordpress.com)
- How to Accessorize Women’s Clothing (judithbartonne.wordpress.com)
- Wardrobe Staples (beforeverlight.wordpress.com)
- May Fashion Blogger Challenge Day 25 (flyingsaucer.typepad.com)
- Waste Reduction Step 1 – Children’s Wardrobe (jakeandmayaclothing.wordpress.com)
- [Dresses – Wedding Dresses, Women Clothes online] Posts from Shopping-and-Product-Reviews:Fashion-Style Articles from EzineArticles.com for 05/28/2012 (earthyessences.wordpress.com)
- Short skirt or short skirt? (beautytemptress.wordpress.com)
- Living Fashion. Women’s Daily Wear 1750 – 1950. From the Jacoba de Jonge Collection @ MoMu Fashion Museum, Antwerp (irenebrination.typepad.com)